Pet dog put to sleep after suffering horrific acid burns

Advertisement

A dog that was doused in acid in Co Down has had to be put to sleep after suffering horrendous injuries.

Now a local animal welfare group is urging the public to contact the PSNI if they have any information about the Staffordshire Bull Terrier or how it came to suffer such burns.

The female dog was taken in by Newry woman Hannah Marriott when it appeared at her door, Belfast Live reports.

She said: “Whoever did this to this poor dog are sick, sick people.”

The dog warden collected the dog and and she was examined by a vet before being euthanised.

Advertisement
Advertisement
--

The injured dog was discovered in the Parkhead area of the city on Tuesday.

Hundreds of people took to social media to vent about the treatment of the animal.

One said: “The owner of the dog has been notified and they are traumatised by what has happened to their family pet.”

A spokesperson for Pets Lost and Found Northern Ireland said: “This happened in the Newry area. The poor dog was covered in acid. If anyone has information about this incident or the dog please call the PSNI on 101.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement