Rescued: Puppy burned with cigarettes and put in buck

Advertisement

Dog lovers have rescued a puppy found with cigarette burns on his head who was placed in a bucket and was being kicked around.

Now safe and named Little Stuart, the pup who is just around eight weeks old, was taken in by Friends of Rescue, Derry.

They said: “In the last few days we have taken in another four animals and this is one of them…and we are so angry and upset.

“Not even 8 weeks old, found in a bucket with wire on the top being kicked around with two cigarette burns on his head, skin and bone and just a broken wee soul.

“As if that wasn’t bad enough this wee man was parvo tested and although negative he has tested positive for giardia which is a parasite of the bowel, and his wee frail, thin body is just about fighting it.

“He is the sweetest wee soul and we are so glad he is with us. He is now on fluids in our vets getting medication for giardia and some good food, little and often to build him up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
--

“We would like to thank you to each and every person who was involved in his rescue. You saved his life. And to the scumbags who did this may you rot in hell.

“This little dude won’t be ready for rehoming until after we’ve got his condition under control. We would like to introduce you all to Stuart Little’.”

Days after his rescue, Little Stuart was responding well to medical care. A spokesperson for the charity said: “”He is fighting the good fight and taking it all in his stride.. His wee frail body is just heartbreaking to see. He’s still very skinny but his foster mum is giving him all the TLC and encouragement he needs and she is so proud of him.

“Please think about this wee man over the coming days as it’s still one day at a time for him and his condition.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement